Monday, August 17, 2009

A Kaminey act from the makers of "Kaminey": writing of "Apna Hath Jagannath" on bathroom door

I was quite shocked when I noticed "Apna Haath Jagannath" in the movie Kaminey on the door of the bathroom( latrine). A non sense act..I never expected such stuffs from Vishal Bharadwaj..Though I know his movies are little bit out of genre and high voltage ones. The saying on the wall was quite visible and its almost for more than 1 mins and i was hurt when people laughing at that post.

May be the makers of Kaminey do not know Jagannath ( the lord of the world ) or may be it is a kaminey stuff from the kamineys over there.Such degradation of Hindu gods are quite a ritual in western countries but at least it is beyond expectation here in India.

whatever the meaning of the saying ( must be negative I think ) but the depiction of such things in those places and flashing in the big screen will not do any good to the movie makers but it is like showing our own culture in wrong shades.

I, on behalf of all odiyas would like to request Kaminey makers not to show/remove that from the movie and Mr bharadwaj must apologize for the same.

No comments: